Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Besides my Apple ID, I am asked to use a certain ID ‘...software...’ to sign in so that I can get access to apps. Why? I don’t have the credentials for the account!

Besides my Apple ID, I am asked to use a certain ID ‘...software...’ to sign in so that I can get access to apps. Why? I don’t have the credentials for the account!

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 8:20 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 8:20 AM in response to MabiorM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

May 2, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Eric Root

I have purchased my peacock premium subscription through my Apple TV using my Apple account (not just added the peacock app to my Apple TV). I see the subscription in the manage subscriptions on this Apple TV. I am trying to watch a peacock show now using this Apple TV at my summer house (I have an Apple TV at each of my houses) and it is asking for my peacock user ID and password which was never created as I use my Apple account to manage it all. Why is this happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.