Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps won't download

I have a new iPad Air. Purchased apps aren't downloading.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 2:42 PM

Do you have an Apple ID and payment method set with Apple?

You must have these items to download apps.

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Quote from reference document:

"To buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID and a payment method. If you’re only downloading free items, you still might need to keep a payment method on file."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 2:42 PM in response to nrcorwyn

Do you have an Apple ID and payment method set with Apple?

You must have these items to download apps.

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Quote from reference document:

"To buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID and a payment method. If you’re only downloading free items, you still might need to keep a payment method on file."

May 2, 2021 7:00 PM in response to nrcorwyn

I have this issue with my brand new iPad - I can’t download some apps. The apps show “get” in the App Store but does not do anything when you click it. It also shows the cloud download button but again, does nothing when you click it. This includes the apple support app I double checked my payment method is up to date. I’ve turned it off and turned it back on again, noth8ng has worked.

May 15, 2021 7:54 PM in response to TD513

I am having the same issues with this new iPad. I am trying to download Google Excel and the Get button is not downloading anything. No other apps are download except for apps that I currently have on my existing Apple devices. All payments have been updated and accounts. I am trying to see if this can replace my laptop but I don’t think this is going work at this rate.

apps won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.