Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad

Hi,

I have a new ipad, however I want to transfer apps from one old iPad to this new one but I want the new I pad to have another Apple id.

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:38 AM

What you are attempting to achieve, or your motive for using a different AppleID, is unclear.

Consider that your AppleID account is intended to remain in-use throughout its entire life - and should simply be updated as necessary to accommodate changes to:

a) your primary email address (this being used to identify and sign-in to your account)

b) your secondary/recovery email addresses

c) your trusted phone numbers (used for authentication and account recovery purposes)

All of your archived and backup data, purchased Apps/services/subscriptions are forever tied to your AppleID account - and cannot be transferred. If you choose to use abandon or close your existing AppleID account, you will lose access to anything associated with it. Apps and services will have to be re-purchased.

If you intend to keep your existing AppleID account active with one or more other devices - and use a different AppleID account with your new iPad - this is certainly possible should you choose to do so. In this situation, Apps and Purchases can be shared with your new (additional) AppleID/device using Apple’s Family Sharing features.

Assuming that you are simply looking to change/update your primary email address that identifies your AppleID account, you need to update the account:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Your secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers can be similarly updated.

If instead your a looking to utilise an additional AppleID account for your new iPad in addition to maintaining your existing AppleID, these support pages outline Family Sharing between AppleID accounts:

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

If your motives are elsewhere, then you’ll need to better explain precisely what you’re attempting to achieve.

I hope this insight and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving any difficulties.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 3:38 AM in response to matildaj1978

What you are attempting to achieve, or your motive for using a different AppleID, is unclear.

Consider that your AppleID account is intended to remain in-use throughout its entire life - and should simply be updated as necessary to accommodate changes to:

a) your primary email address (this being used to identify and sign-in to your account)

b) your secondary/recovery email addresses

c) your trusted phone numbers (used for authentication and account recovery purposes)

All of your archived and backup data, purchased Apps/services/subscriptions are forever tied to your AppleID account - and cannot be transferred. If you choose to use abandon or close your existing AppleID account, you will lose access to anything associated with it. Apps and services will have to be re-purchased.

If you intend to keep your existing AppleID account active with one or more other devices - and use a different AppleID account with your new iPad - this is certainly possible should you choose to do so. In this situation, Apps and Purchases can be shared with your new (additional) AppleID/device using Apple’s Family Sharing features.

Assuming that you are simply looking to change/update your primary email address that identifies your AppleID account, you need to update the account:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Your secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers can be similarly updated.

If instead your a looking to utilise an additional AppleID account for your new iPad in addition to maintaining your existing AppleID, these support pages outline Family Sharing between AppleID accounts:

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

If your motives are elsewhere, then you’ll need to better explain precisely what you’re attempting to achieve.

I hope this insight and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving any difficulties.

New Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.