Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

more Big Sure Music issues Library is empty

After apple taking away the drag and drop feature out of Music, I now have the issue that I can open my Library but will only see my songs under my playlists the standard Library Recently Added, Artists, Albums and Songs is empty.

My personal playlists show the songs and I can play them. The correct file location for all songs is also set in preferences and the songs can be found in the finder.

So far I spend a day Trouble Shooting this buggy Mac Big Sur downgrade.

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 4:34 AM

yes just splash screen did not go away, even after several restarts etc. After spending an hour with a level 2 support from Apple who was useless and now escalated this to the technical team I did figure out a little later how to fix it.

Update Smart Playlist did the trick

5 replies

Apr 19, 2021 4:08 AM in response to oxmox11

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a one time(?) splash screen that disappears when you add content to your library or take up the offer to browse/subscribe to Apple Music. There really ought to be a skip/dismiss link. Have you tried clicking the Browse Apple Music button, or any of the Apple Music sections in the sidebar? Have you tried importing a single file into your library? You could also try Music > Preferences > Restrictions > Apple Music.

tt2

May 18, 2021 10:43 PM in response to oxmox11

oxmox11 thank you!! I have been having this problem for days and have tried everything I can think of. Restarts. Safe Mode. Signing Out of AM. Signing back in. Turning sync on. Turning sync off. Just ridiculous. I was like 20 pages deep browsing this forum and just about gave up until I found your post. Update Smart Playlist did the trick for me, too!! Now if I can only figure out why all of my local playlists keep duplicating.... ugh.

more Big Sure Music issues Library is empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.