Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if the map the fitness app shows of a workout is wrong

The map the fitness app is showing of my run yesterday is outright wrong. It shows I went via a route which is physically impossible (across a raised railway embankment) and a fair distance from where I actually was. Has anyone else had this problem? Apple watch series 3. Didn't have my phone with me but I never run with it and I've never noticed the map to be completely off before.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 5:30 AM

The link provided by better_half is 3 years old.

Make sure that you have the following toggled on

From your iPhone>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Apple Watch Workout>While using the app

From your iPhone>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services

Compass Calibration>Toggle on

Motion Calibration & Distance>Toggle on

On your Watch>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Toggle on

Reset your fitness calibration data 

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 5:30 AM in response to PamelaAnne

The link provided by better_half is 3 years old.

Make sure that you have the following toggled on

From your iPhone>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Apple Watch Workout>While using the app

From your iPhone>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services

Compass Calibration>Toggle on

Motion Calibration & Distance>Toggle on

On your Watch>Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Toggle on

Reset your fitness calibration data 

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

What if the map the fitness app shows of a workout is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.