Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost icon I went to purchases in the App Store and tried to recover the icon all I can do is open it I want to put the icon back on my home screen

Lost icon

how do I restore a missing icon to home page? I went to App Store looked at purchases and I can open the app but cannot restore icon to Home Screen

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:50 AM

With iOS 14 apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. If you have iOS 14, go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

Also see: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Bubbadude009

With iOS 14 apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. If you have iOS 14, go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

Also see: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

lost icon I went to purchases in the App Store and tried to recover the icon all I can do is open it I want to put the icon back on my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.