Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sign out button grayed out

Hi there,

This seems like a trivial thing but I can't sign out of iCloud on a laptop. Now, the account I am trying to sign out of is my daughter's account. She's 11 and is registered with Apple as a minor. I'm the "organizer/parent", meaning I get to monitor her usage and approve what she can and can't do. I went to her iCloud settings and removed the device from the list of devices where she's logged in. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Late 2012

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 10:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2021 10:06 AM in response to expee

Things somehow sorted out. Even with the exclamation point present, I was able to sign out. What preceded it? I don't know, frankly. I did many things many times. The problem was the laptop for sure, because at one point other devices starting to sync, but the laptop wouldn't. Eventually, after one of the many restarts, it magically appeared. Down below is the screenshot.

Apr 19, 2021 3:07 PM in response to Eric Root

I just went through all Screen Time restrictions and did not notice anything that was the obvious culprit.

One thing that I did notice though, and I can't think why this might be the reason for it, is that Screen Time isn't syncing between devices where she is logged in ("share across devices" is checked). There are three devices where she's logged in, and they were all last updated 4 to 6 days ago.

iCloud sign out button grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.