Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign out child account from iMac iCloud ID

Hi, I am trying to sign out my child's account ID from our iMac so it can be restored but the in "Overview" the "sign out" button is greyer and can't be pushed. What I need to do?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

May 23, 2020 10:41 AM in response to BDAqua

I have 2 children with different Apple IDs and one iPad. Due to Screen Time restrictions they aren't allowed to sign out on their own. I found the leimobile website you posted helpful, but very cumbersome for children to switch accounts on the same device. I wish there was an easier way for children to sign in and out on their iPad like users on a computer can. Any thoughts? Thank you!

May 23, 2020 11:18 AM in response to babowa

Yes, we are set up with Family Sharing and Screen Time is activated. According to the leimobile article, the parent has to turn off Screen Time for one to be able for them to sign out and let the other sign in and then reactivated. I'm just looking for a more streamlined approach for my kids to have their own "space" on the same device, but it doesn't look like iPads are set up for that.

sign out child account from iMac iCloud ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.