Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panics on 2020 iMac

I recently purchased a used 2020 27 inch iMac. Every once in a while it will randomly restart and come back saying my computer has restarted because of a problem. I still have it but I am in the process of returning it. Basically I want to know what was causing it? Once this one is returned I wanted to get another one but not if this some normal thing. I upgraded the RAM to two sticks of 32 GB OWC ram if that matters. I did everything Apple told me to do over the phone including reinstalling OS , it was working like normal for a couple of days and then it restarted twice again , that's when i decided to return it.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:17 PM

8 replies

Apr 19, 2021 12:32 PM in response to sonnyd92

Memtest is a bootable memory stress test utility have I've used on Mac and Windows for years. Its going to more thorough than just using the Mac HW test. - all that aside if you are running any AV software on your Mac that can throw things into a state of misery. it's also a good idea to test without external drives or 3rd party devices attached.

It's free btw.

https://www.memtest86.com

Kernel Panics on 2020 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.