Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting kernel panics on my refurbished imac 2021

I've run all the hardware and disc diagnostics and there doesn't seem to be any serious issues. They seem to usually occur when I'm on safari (like on YouTube), or quickly switching between windows. I'm currently on 12.1 catalina. I'd like to avoid taking it to the Genius Bar if at all possible.

Here is the error report attached. Can anyone help?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 7:44 AM

You have installed cleanmydrive. Please read the following:

The best antivirus, cleaning app, and overall maintenance app for Mac OS is Mac OS itself. All you need to do with Mac OS to keep it secure and running well is to keep it up-to-date and do periodic (about 1x per week) restarts. Other than that, leave it alone. Adding third party antivirus, cleaning, security and other types of maintenance apps to Mac OS adds no additional level of security. The only thing these apps do is have the opposite affect users want. They make Mac OS slow, unstable, generate odd behavior (much like you are experiencing) and make Mac OS appear buggy. 

Please locate the developers uninstall instructions for CleanMyDrive and follow to the letter. Then restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac and then restart normally. 

Also, there is zero evidence that you backup the computer daily. If this is correct this is a 100% guarantee you will lose data. Please read Back up your Mac with Time Machine which will require an external HD such as a OWC Mercury Elite Pro.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Kanggo12

You have installed cleanmydrive. Please read the following:

The best antivirus, cleaning app, and overall maintenance app for Mac OS is Mac OS itself. All you need to do with Mac OS to keep it secure and running well is to keep it up-to-date and do periodic (about 1x per week) restarts. Other than that, leave it alone. Adding third party antivirus, cleaning, security and other types of maintenance apps to Mac OS adds no additional level of security. The only thing these apps do is have the opposite affect users want. They make Mac OS slow, unstable, generate odd behavior (much like you are experiencing) and make Mac OS appear buggy. 

Please locate the developers uninstall instructions for CleanMyDrive and follow to the letter. Then restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac and then restart normally. 

Also, there is zero evidence that you backup the computer daily. If this is correct this is a 100% guarantee you will lose data. Please read Back up your Mac with Time Machine which will require an external HD such as a OWC Mercury Elite Pro.

Jan 30, 2022 7:04 PM in response to Kanggo12

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful App to diagnose and identify issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Navigate to: https://etrecheck.com and get the free version of EtreCheckPro.
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app. It is often recommended here on Apple Support Communities. 
  3. Open EtreCheck, and before running the report, be sure to check “Allow full Drive Access” at the bottom of the EtreCheckPro window.
  4. Run the report, and put it in a post, as shown here: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211. We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.

Jack

I keep getting kernel panics on my refurbished imac 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.