Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 10 rings while on silent

I always have my phone on silent mode but recently, when someone calls, even spam calls, it rings out loud. I read advice on this forum from another member and they said it happened after the IOS 14 was installed. I am running on the same IOS at this time. The suggested fix was to go into the individual contact edit screen and turn off the emergency bypass. I went into several contacts and I do not have he emergency bypass on any of them. Hoping you can help me figure this out. It is so embarrassing when this happens during meetings. Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 1:24 PM

If someone calls you while your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb, the next time you check your phone it will look like this:

Your phone simply sends the call straight to voicemail and will not ring at all, however you do receive notification that you missed a call from said person.

Hope this helps!

3 replies

iPhone 10 rings while on silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.