Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silent mode intermittently working

Hi team, upon putting my phone on silent mode, it does comes on silent and sometimes it continues to ring. I check the setting to change the volume with buttons, still the same.

And number that are ringing on silent are not in my favorites or emergency contacts, some of them are not even save on my number.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:07 PM

This is a known issue. Happened with the latest iOS update. Apple knows about it... but hasn’t done anything to fix it. Imagine paying Apple’s price for a brand new 12 Pro Max... And Silent not working correctly? Especially when most of your work days are spent in a conference room?

Apple even sent me a brand new device and the same issue occurred on day 1.

Doesn't matter if you set it up as a new device, restore from a backup, set up from an existing device, reset all your settings, erase the device and start over.... It will still continue to happen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 5:07 PM in response to ProTuning

This is a known issue. Happened with the latest iOS update. Apple knows about it... but hasn’t done anything to fix it. Imagine paying Apple’s price for a brand new 12 Pro Max... And Silent not working correctly? Especially when most of your work days are spent in a conference room?

Apple even sent me a brand new device and the same issue occurred on day 1.

Doesn't matter if you set it up as a new device, restore from a backup, set up from an existing device, reset all your settings, erase the device and start over.... It will still continue to happen.

Silent mode intermittently working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.