Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud locked after devices stolen

Hi, I had all of my Apple devices stolen a few days ago. I tried to log into my friends phone to Find My IPhone, but logging into my iCloud required me to either identify myself using one of my devices or get a text message to my number (which was inside the phone stolen). My ICloud account is locked now as I could not identify myself.. It is saying it takes 25 days for me to get back into my account (I think whoever stole my phone tried to get into my account as well, as I have received an Activation Lock request email).

I have a new device now and urgently need access back to my iCloud.. I cannot reach anyone from Apple support so thought I’d ask in here.

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:47 AM

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*"

This may also be worth noting:

Read the article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' (click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915 )

• "If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account."

Read the sections about:

- Trusted phone numbers

- Manage your account > Keep your trusted numbers up to date and add a phone number.

- What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

And if necessary:

• - If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 7:47 AM in response to charlinectw

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*"

This may also be worth noting:

Read the article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' (click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915 )

• "If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account."

Read the sections about:

- Trusted phone numbers

- Manage your account > Keep your trusted numbers up to date and add a phone number.

- What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

And if necessary:

• - If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

iCloud locked after devices stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.