Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SETTING SAFARI COOKIES

Goodmorning,

Some of you can tell me, how I can resolve the following error message: " your browser is blocking 3rd session cookies which are required for the Kaltura application" that it appear to me on safari web when I click into the link of the recorded lessons provided by my university.

In meantime thank you.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 3:31 AM

Most modern/reputable security browsers, such as Safari, are designed to block 3rd party cookies by default.

As a first step, ensure that your Safari settings are not blocking all cookies:

Settings > Safari > Block All Cookies - set to OFF

Should you continue to experience difficulties, it is possible to refine your Safari advanced settings - however, you should exercise caution before making any such changes without carefully recording the existing settings before you make changes. You should note that there is no “undo” button or method by which to restore default settings short of a total reset of the iPad. Restoring from backup may also restore unwanted settings. At an absolute minimum, a screenshot of settings prior to making any changes are recommended.

NB: Any changes that you make within Safari’s Advanced Settings are made entirely at your own risk. If you are not confident is your own abilities to make and/or reverse these changes, you would be unwise to proceed.

To disable Safari’s default 3rd Party cookie blocking, make this change:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Experimental Features > Disable Full 3rd-Party Cookie Blocking (ITP) - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 3:31 AM in response to marco971

Most modern/reputable security browsers, such as Safari, are designed to block 3rd party cookies by default.

As a first step, ensure that your Safari settings are not blocking all cookies:

Settings > Safari > Block All Cookies - set to OFF

Should you continue to experience difficulties, it is possible to refine your Safari advanced settings - however, you should exercise caution before making any such changes without carefully recording the existing settings before you make changes. You should note that there is no “undo” button or method by which to restore default settings short of a total reset of the iPad. Restoring from backup may also restore unwanted settings. At an absolute minimum, a screenshot of settings prior to making any changes are recommended.

NB: Any changes that you make within Safari’s Advanced Settings are made entirely at your own risk. If you are not confident is your own abilities to make and/or reverse these changes, you would be unwise to proceed.

To disable Safari’s default 3rd Party cookie blocking, make this change:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Experimental Features > Disable Full 3rd-Party Cookie Blocking (ITP) - set to ON

SETTING SAFARI COOKIES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.