Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 Mouse control

I have had my Mac Mini M1 for about a day or two now and after moving from Windows PC the process has been really good so far. The one issue that i have is with using a mouse, it feels so horrible mouse control on this Mac Mini, i have tried messing around with the pointer settings and used 3 different mice but non of them are controllable its either deadly slow or ultra fast.

This one main problem will be the decision maker for me on whether i return the Mac Mini and go back to windows. Does anyone know of anything i can do or try to resolve this before i return it?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 5:30 AM

Hello, jamesj015.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From our understanding of your post, you're unable to get the right setting for your mouse pointer. To confirm, were you using the steps in this article to adjust your speed? Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

If the preferences adjusted here are not to your liking, there are third party apps that can help with adjusting mouse speed. Check the manufacturer of your mice. Some mice manufacturers also have software that will adjust the speed outside of the macOS settings.

Best regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 5:30 AM in response to jamesj015

Hello, jamesj015.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From our understanding of your post, you're unable to get the right setting for your mouse pointer. To confirm, were you using the steps in this article to adjust your speed? Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

If the preferences adjusted here are not to your liking, there are third party apps that can help with adjusting mouse speed. Check the manufacturer of your mice. Some mice manufacturers also have software that will adjust the speed outside of the macOS settings.

Best regards.

Mac Mini M1 Mouse control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.