Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar syncing dates and times are different from iphone to mac

Hi everyone,

When I create an event in Calendar on my iPhone, the synced event on my Mac shows up 2 days earlier at 11pm (whatever the original time set on my iPhone event). I have the same issue when doing it on my Mac first, it syncs 2 days earlier at 11pm on my iPhone.

I don't understand what happens.

This is only happening with new created events, from a few weeks now (I am guessing since last OS update but I can not be sure). Coming events created a few weeks ago are synced correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 6:18 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2021 7:53 AM in response to ducresus

Hey there ducresus,

We'd like to help get Calendar syncing quickly between your iPhone and Mac.

Let's start with ruling out some basics:

1. Are both devices having no issues with the internet?
  2. Are both connected to Wi-Fi currently?
  3. Has a restart been tried of each device? This link shows how to Restart your iPhone. Check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. We see you have iOS 14 installed, but the latest version is 14.4.2. You can verify the version number installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. If you have a compatible Mac model, the latest version is macOS 11.2.3. You can verify the version number installed by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. Here's how to first Back up your Mac with Time Machine, and afterwards, here's How to update the software on your Mac.

We look forward to hearing back from you about these details. Take care!

Apr 25, 2021 7:36 AM in response to ducresus

Hello ducresus,

You've tried some great steps so far, along with making sure to rule out a restart/being updated as possible causes.

As both devices are connected to Wi-Fi, along with having no issues browsing the internet, we can rule that out as well.

Since this is happening when making a new event on either device, this seems to be narrowed down to a possible issue with the account(s) you're syncing with Calendar, or even your device settings. Let's continue ruling out some other possible causes:

1. As it sounds like both devices are syncing with iCloud, are you syncing any other accounts with Calendar? You can check this on your iPhone by going to Settings > Calendar > Accounts. If you tap on each account listed, you can see what it's currently syncing.
  2. If you go to Settings > General > Date & Time, please let us know if 'Set Automatically' is enabled for your iPhone. If it isn't, please enable it now to test if the correct time zone still shows.
  3. Any issues with the date or time on either device?

Cheers.

Apr 26, 2021 8:41 AM in response to bruno75

Hi,

1. Yes, there iCloud and Gmail listed. Just did a quick syncing test with Google Calendar, and there is no issue, the syncing is correct on each device.
  2. Yes "Set automatically" is enabled, I had tried that before when reading other discussions related to syncing issues.
  3. No issues with date and time on either device. Please note that Morrocan Time is specific as it changes from GMT+1 to GMT0 only during one month at the month of Ramadan. Both of my devices changed time automatically on April 13th though.

Cheers.

Calendar syncing dates and times are different from iphone to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.