Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to reset/activate Iphone X

Hello All,

couple of months ago, I went outside my country(Canada to India) and I used a different sim and when I came back to Canada and used Canadian sim again, my iphone showed a message "No Sim card inserted"

After this, I replaced my sim but the problem remains the same.

I reset my Iphone and erased everything and I locked out of my phone and unable to use it(see attached picture for screen message)

I am pasting the following message below when I brought my phone to my local Apple care store in Guelph, Ontario, CA.

"Hello,

Thank you for visiting us at jump+, your local Apple experts. My name is Alex and I’m the technician that has been working on your device. 

This email is to let you know Service Order 20139675 is ready for pickup. We went through all available troubleshooting steps for this type of issue, but as it turns out, we were not able to resolve it. It seems as though this device may be under activation lock from an employer or potentially locked into a specific carier as I was not able to get a signal when testing a known good SIM card. Please call the store at (519) 265-9225, and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to email me at........."

kindly help me out guys, due to Covid-19 I lost my job and not have enough money to buy a new phone.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:08 AM

Have you contacted the carrier you used while in India to have them unlock the iphone from their network?

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 30, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Namhla_Alhman

I went to Apple store two days ago and they said that this is a baseband failure problem and apple can not fix it. They also mentioned that after this problem, the value of iPhone is zero. Even though, I made some online searches and found that some online websites/mobile repair outlets are fixing this problem but those outlets are in united kingdom and unfortunately I am in Canada. Lol

Unable to reset/activate Iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.