Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device with an incorrect activation policy

Hello, I have bought phone on eBay with incorrect activation policy, it's locked on US GSM and can't use with international sims, for example now I'm traveling in Georgia, Europe and it doesn't works with Georgian GSM sim cards, when I looked out in Google and forums they said that Apple should help us because phone isn't locked on any carrier its with incorrect activation policy by Apple, its Verizon phone and we all know Verizon can not legally lock phones, so I want to contact with a Level 2 Support Technician or a Senior Level Advisor who can help me because it's refurbished phone and it is with incorrect activation policy when I'm checking imei it says "US GSM & Verizon iphone 6/6 Plus Service Policy" it works with any sims in US but doesn't works outside US, Phone imei: please help ASAP

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 4:34 AM

The carrier locks the device. Not Apple.

Sounds like Verizon holds the lock.

Similar questions

1 reply

Device with an incorrect activation policy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.