Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to rearrange photos in the Photos app on Mac

Before upgrading to Big Sur, I can drag and relocate the photos on my MacBook Pro's Photos app. I simply have to select the photos that I would like to rearrange and drag them to the top of the Photos app window and let go of my hand when the app has scrolled to my desired location. However, I can no longer perform this simple action after upgrading to Big Sur. So I was forced to use a mouse where I can use the physical scroll wheel to navigate my albums. Is any one else experiencing the same issue?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:58 AM

It appears to be a bug in the new(er) version. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

2 replies

Unable to rearrange photos in the Photos app on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.