Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot log in to my Apple TV app after having to reset my tv

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:57 AM

If you have an Apple ID account in use on any other device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, etc.), with functional access to the App Store and iTunes Store, then that account should be good for the Apple TV app on third party devices as well. Contact Apple Support about specific account issues.

If you have created a new Apple ID account, then some things may be need to completed before being valid for the iTunes Store, streaming service subscriptions, etc.

• The account needs to have a confirmed email address (reply to message as instructed);
  • The account needs complete personal information, including DoB and billing address;
  • The account needs a valid payment method; for cards that includes expiry date and CVC code. The idea is that any charges are made to your account, and then automatically payed using the designated payment method(s).

If you see a message stating that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you have created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign in to device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 2:57 AM in response to MaggieMc

If you have an Apple ID account in use on any other device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, etc.), with functional access to the App Store and iTunes Store, then that account should be good for the Apple TV app on third party devices as well. Contact Apple Support about specific account issues.

If you have created a new Apple ID account, then some things may be need to completed before being valid for the iTunes Store, streaming service subscriptions, etc.

• The account needs to have a confirmed email address (reply to message as instructed);
  • The account needs complete personal information, including DoB and billing address;
  • The account needs a valid payment method; for cards that includes expiry date and CVC code. The idea is that any charges are made to your account, and then automatically payed using the designated payment method(s).

If you see a message stating that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you have created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign in to device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

Apr 21, 2021 12:28 PM in response to MaggieMc

If the issue persists, then please contact the Apple Support staff. They can look at your account and tell if something is amiss, and otherwise guide you with account issues.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support (phone numbers)

or start your support request online and they’ll connect you to an expert (chat/email/callback).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.