Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone dying with battery at 30%?

Every months or so my phone dies at 10% and I didn't mind, but for days now it's started dying at 30% and when I plug it in, it starts charging at 10%. My maximum capacity is 90%, and I've tried rebooting and restarting but nothing works. What's wrong with my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 12:47 PM

Jas_minn ~ Perhaps the previous owner didn't treat the iPhone correctly. See the General Tips section in this Apple Support Article:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

...I suggest you have the battery replaced:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

...Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Jas_minn

Jas_minn ~ Perhaps the previous owner didn't treat the iPhone correctly. See the General Tips section in this Apple Support Article:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

...I suggest you have the battery replaced:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

...Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

Apr 22, 2021 9:33 AM in response to Alancito

1. I have a red IPhone XR
  2. I don’t believe the battery was ever replaced, I bought it off online already used but in great condition. The lady who owned it before bought it brand new the year before.
  3. When I got it it was 93% but now it’s 90%

Also, when I charge it to 100% it stays like that for like 3 hours before dropping and dying at 30% :/

Why is my iPhone dying with battery at 30%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.