Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Mac OS Mail Favorites are grayed and cannot be deleted

All of a sudden, some Favorites from the Favorite Bar in MacOS Mail appear grayed out and cannot be removed, dragged or deleted. I actually was able to set in the Favorite bar the same mailboxes that are grayed out and they work OK. I restarted the Mac but the grayed Favorites remained. Even though these grayed favorites are not working, they are a nuisance and I would love to remove them from the Favorite bar. I would appreciate very much help from anybody. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 21, 2021 2:44 AM in response to BDAqua

Unfortunately it did not work. It did take a long time to finish cleaning/clearing of caches etc..., but the three grayed favorites are still in place. I noticed all three are Mailboxes which belong to the iCloud account and a few days ago, for unrelated issues, I had to log out and log in again into iCloud. Could there be something related to that issue that makes these three favorite mailboxes appear grayed? Thanks!

Some Mac OS Mail Favorites are grayed and cannot be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.