Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NYT Crossword Subscription Issues

I downloaded the NYT Crossword app and paid $$ for an annual subscription via Apple. For about a week, I had the full access I paid for. Now, the app says I don’t have a subscription, though the receipt and my bank account show I paid for one.

I have tried logging in thru my regular NYT account and thru Apple- neither shows the subscription I paid for.

That was the most money I have ever spent on an app and I was very hesitant to, but I did so, understanding that means I won’t be able to do other things with that money this month. The crossed gave me some relief daily. It’s real upsetting that now I can’t get in to the NYT Crossword subscription I paid for via Apple.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:22 AM

Thanks @Eric Root. I did a number of things, and I’m not sure what happened but my access appears restored (however previously done puzzles are unpopulated).

Some things I tried: posting to this Apple forum, clicking the “Report a Problem” link on the Apple receipt, sending NYT Crossword Care multiple emails. So, any of those may work.

Ultimately though Apple has a problem here- it sold something that has varied functionality and which does not work as described. As does NYT no doubt. Plus, this process cost me an amount I won’t get back- my time is valuable as is everyone’s I had to contact to get this corrected, but also I paid for a full year and now am several days short.

Frankly, NYT makes such an excellent crossword and it does, per my typo above, provide me stress relief, so I am glad to have this restored. But I feel for anyone in these shoes without the knowledge/know how to make this happen.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 6:22 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks @Eric Root. I did a number of things, and I’m not sure what happened but my access appears restored (however previously done puzzles are unpopulated).

Some things I tried: posting to this Apple forum, clicking the “Report a Problem” link on the Apple receipt, sending NYT Crossword Care multiple emails. So, any of those may work.

Ultimately though Apple has a problem here- it sold something that has varied functionality and which does not work as described. As does NYT no doubt. Plus, this process cost me an amount I won’t get back- my time is valuable as is everyone’s I had to contact to get this corrected, but also I paid for a full year and now am several days short.

Frankly, NYT makes such an excellent crossword and it does, per my typo above, provide me stress relief, so I am glad to have this restored. But I feel for anyone in these shoes without the knowledge/know how to make this happen.

NYT Crossword Subscription Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.