Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers stock function support for ASX stocks

Hey guys has anyone else noticed an issue with numbers being able to pull ASX data from Yahoo Finance?

It seems that Yahoo Finance operates with no issues, but somehow I cannot get any data imported into my numbers sheets i.e. function IFERROR(STOCK("A2M.AX",0),"–") returns –. Tried using Insert-> Formula -> Stock as well - literally cannot get any data except for name and symbol.

Please send halp!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 3:54 AM

There have been a lot of complaints recently about data not being retrieved via STOCK and STOCKH. RIO.AX is obviously a valid symbol in Yahoo! Finance for a major company.

So something has clearly gone awry in the transmission of the data from Yahoo! Finance to Numbers. Whether it's a Yahoo! problem or an Apple problem, who knows? For a growing number of users "It just works" has become "It just doesn't work."

I recommend you add your voice to the growing chorus via Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback in your menu. You can choose 'Bug Report' from the 'Feedback Type:' dropdown list. It wouldn't hurt to provide a reference to this thread.

SG

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 3:54 AM in response to JLEvieM

There have been a lot of complaints recently about data not being retrieved via STOCK and STOCKH. RIO.AX is obviously a valid symbol in Yahoo! Finance for a major company.

So something has clearly gone awry in the transmission of the data from Yahoo! Finance to Numbers. Whether it's a Yahoo! problem or an Apple problem, who knows? For a growing number of users "It just works" has become "It just doesn't work."

I recommend you add your voice to the growing chorus via Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback in your menu. You can choose 'Bug Report' from the 'Feedback Type:' dropdown list. It wouldn't hurt to provide a reference to this thread.

SG

Apr 26, 2021 8:52 PM in response to JLEvieM

The American stock prices continue to work correctly. British and Australian stock market data failed to update after April 12 but the issue was corrected Monday 26 April. Unfortunately the British and Australian (and maybe other market data) has failed again. Seems the data source ( Yahoo???) or the database holding the information is unreliable. Wouldn’t it be nice if the data updated during the day with closing prices available 20 minutes or so after the markets closed. The current update of once per day about 5 hours after the market closes is not normal Apple quality of service standard.

Numbers stock function support for ASX stocks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.