Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to attach a photo as an attachment vs within the email text?

How to attach a photo to an email as an attachment vs within the text?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 8:00 AM

I tried that too, but "View qs icon" only seems to change the view to the icon while I am composing the email. When the sent message arrives, the image is still embedded in the text and I have again to use "View as icon", even when I am sending all messages as plain, unformatted text.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:00 AM in response to daybree

I tried that too, but "View qs icon" only seems to change the view to the icon while I am composing the email. When the sent message arrives, the image is still embedded in the text and I have again to use "View as icon", even when I am sending all messages as plain, unformatted text.

Apr 21, 2021 7:29 AM in response to daybree

I am compressing the image and sending it as a zip file (in the Finder, ctrl-click on the image, select "Compress"). Then Mail has no chance to embed it as inline image.

It used to help to use "Edit > Attachments > Always send Windows Friendly Attachments", but that does no longer suffice to prevent the image from being sent inline.

how to attach a photo as an attachment vs within the email text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.