Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don’t my Bose SoundTouch speakers show up in my Apple TV 4K’s AirPlay options?

I have two different Bose SoundTouch speakers which are both AirPlay 2 enabled, and both show up correctly as available AirPlay targets on my iOS and iPadOS devices.

However, neither show up in the AirPlay options of my Apple TV 4K (when I click the AirPlay button in the Control Center) — only “TV speakers” is displayed.

I assumed I could stream Apple Music on my Apple TV, and have the sound be played in multiple rooms in the house — am I missing something?

Note: I’ve already added both the Bose SoundTouch speakers as accessories in the “Home” app, and assigned them to the same room that the Apple TV is in,

to no avail.

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:51 AM

For all those playing at home, all the above issues were miraculously remedied when I updated my Apple TV to tvOS 14.5 (released today).

Now, all my Apple TVs and Bose SoundTouch speakers are displayed on the AirPlay screen.

Similar questions

2 replies

Why don’t my Bose SoundTouch speakers show up in my Apple TV 4K’s AirPlay options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.