Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from Apple TV4K to Multiple Speakers

My house has 3 Apple TVs (2 Apple TV HDs & the Apple TV 4K). I was playing music through a music app on the Apple TV 4K and wanted to Airplay the music the other Apple TVs throughout my house. However, when I tried to do this, it would only allow me to stream to one device and once it did, the music cut off from the hosting Apple TV (the Apple TV 4K). Even when I tried AirPlaying to a bluetooth speaker, the internal television speakers were cut off from the sound. Thinking it was a setting issue, I tried it on the other Apple TVs in my house, and it does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 11:15 AM

See the article below. Bluetooth and airplay are different protocols, when using bluetooth it will override the internal speakers.

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Airplay from Apple TV4K to Multiple Speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.