Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from Apple TV to Apple TV stops working after software updates. One of the just disappears from the list of devices. How do I fix that?

How do I get my Apple TV’s to all show up again on the Airplay list after an update? I like to listen to the same music throughout the house on multiple Apple TV’s. It will work until an update then one of them will disappear from the list after updates.

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 7:53 AM

Found my own answer……we have an old WiFi router still running some services. The Apple TV’s that had previously used the older router were defaulting to it when we shut them down or did an update. Had to go in and “forget” the old network. That took care of this problem and they now all show up on Airplay. However it does bring up another issue…..we assumed that the Apple TV’s would remember the last WiFi network we used, but that isn’t true…..we had to tell them to “forget” old networks in order to stop this erroneous defaulting to something we didn’t select.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 7:53 AM in response to Wild1d

Found my own answer……we have an old WiFi router still running some services. The Apple TV’s that had previously used the older router were defaulting to it when we shut them down or did an update. Had to go in and “forget” the old network. That took care of this problem and they now all show up on Airplay. However it does bring up another issue…..we assumed that the Apple TV’s would remember the last WiFi network we used, but that isn’t true…..we had to tell them to “forget” old networks in order to stop this erroneous defaulting to something we didn’t select.

Airplay from Apple TV to Apple TV stops working after software updates. One of the just disappears from the list of devices. How do I fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.