Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I share a photo album and click "public website" will anyone be able to see the website? or just contacts that I add?

Can I share a photo album in the Photos app with someone who does not use iCloud (like a PC user)?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 9:48 AM

Howdy,

If you share a photo album as a Public Website, anyone that knows the URL to that website can see it via iCloud.com.

From: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac

You can even share albums with friends and family who don't use iCloud. Just open a shared album that you created, go to the People tab, and turn on Public Website. Your photos publish to a website that anyone can see in an up-to-date web browser.

So that is how you would share it with a non-iCloud user.

Note you would need to share that public URL with them for them to see it. If they don't know the URL, they can't see it.

And you could stop the public sharing at any time if you want to limit access.

Also be aware people can set up iCloud on a PC.

ivan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 9:48 AM in response to ambrocap

Howdy,

If you share a photo album as a Public Website, anyone that knows the URL to that website can see it via iCloud.com.

From: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac

You can even share albums with friends and family who don't use iCloud. Just open a shared album that you created, go to the People tab, and turn on Public Website. Your photos publish to a website that anyone can see in an up-to-date web browser.

So that is how you would share it with a non-iCloud user.

Note you would need to share that public URL with them for them to see it. If they don't know the URL, they can't see it.

And you could stop the public sharing at any time if you want to limit access.

Also be aware people can set up iCloud on a PC.

ivan

If I share a photo album and click "public website" will anyone be able to see the website? or just contacts that I add?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.