Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing duplicate calendars

While I was trying to find ways to fix a calendar sync problem I came across a duplicate calendar in ~/Library/Calendars. As all the folder names are IDs rather than the calendar names I was checking the Info.plist in each folder and found 2 with the same title: "Birthdays"

I have no idea which is the one which shows when I open the Calendar app but since the contents are generated I wonder if it is safe to just delete both folders. In that case would a new Birthdays calendar be created automatically? If so, would I also have to delete the one on my iPhone before syncing?

The Birthdays calendars are only in these two locations (one Mac, one iPhone) as I do not sync via the cloud.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:35 PM

Thanks for replying but I don't understand how this information is linked to my question. As I stated I don't use iCloud and needed to remove a duplicate calendar.

In fact I'd forgotten I'd posted this and had fixed the problem. Deselecting the "Show Birthdays calendar" in preferences then deleting the two folders which the apparent duplicate Info.plist files were in, restarting Calendar.app and re-enablign "Show Birthdays calendar" in Preferences brought back the calendar without the duplicate folder.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 7:35 PM in response to a brody

Thanks for replying but I don't understand how this information is linked to my question. As I stated I don't use iCloud and needed to remove a duplicate calendar.

In fact I'd forgotten I'd posted this and had fixed the problem. Deselecting the "Show Birthdays calendar" in preferences then deleting the two folders which the apparent duplicate Info.plist files were in, restarting Calendar.app and re-enablign "Show Birthdays calendar" in Preferences brought back the calendar without the duplicate folder.

Removing duplicate calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.