Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer connectivity

Having just upgraded to Big Sur OS, my printer is no longer connected. Attempts to reconnect have failed. What do you suggest?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 4:06 PM

The EPSON Workforce 845 is mentioned in the article About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that the printer can be used without drivers when connected to a network.

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-845/s/SPT_C11CB92201?review-filter=macOS+11.x

How is your printer connected (this model supports USB, wireless Wi-Fi, and wired Ethernet)?

If you are using USB now, would it be possible to test a network connection instead?

Have you tried to reset the printing system and to re-add the printer?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 4:06 PM in response to AppleCommunity83

The EPSON Workforce 845 is mentioned in the article About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that the printer can be used without drivers when connected to a network.

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-845/s/SPT_C11CB92201?review-filter=macOS+11.x

How is your printer connected (this model supports USB, wireless Wi-Fi, and wired Ethernet)?

If you are using USB now, would it be possible to test a network connection instead?

Have you tried to reset the printing system and to re-add the printer?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2021 4:26 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for your response - it is helpful.

I tried downloading a new driver from EPSON. (It downloaded, I think, but I could not find it in by Apps list or Utilities list.) Also, I reselected the printer using system preferences.

I tried printing again and it worked. I'm not sure it's working via USB or WiFi, but I guess I can determine that by unplugging the USB cable. I just happy that it appears to work normally.

Again, thanks,

Jim

Printer connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.