Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware ?

Small window keeps popping up ,google winnings. Blablablabla . How. Cleared history from all sights including safari . All web sites , deleted everything that I could . How do I rid of this ?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 6:33 PM

I am not sure how safe and secure the iOS 12 version of the Safari Web browser is, at this late date.

Apple has been issuing security updates to all iOS 12 compatible devices, but I am not sure if all of these security updates have anything to do with the Safari Web Browser.

Try switching to another third party Web browser from the iOS App Store, instead, like Mozilla Firefox for iOS or Google Chrome for iOS.

Best of Luck to You!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 6:33 PM in response to Cascade moon

I am not sure how safe and secure the iOS 12 version of the Safari Web browser is, at this late date.

Apple has been issuing security updates to all iOS 12 compatible devices, but I am not sure if all of these security updates have anything to do with the Safari Web Browser.

Try switching to another third party Web browser from the iOS App Store, instead, like Mozilla Firefox for iOS or Google Chrome for iOS.

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 22, 2021 6:42 PM in response to Cascade moon

Cascade moon Said:

"Malware ?: Small window keeps popping up ,google winnings. Blablablabla . How. Cleared history from all sights including safari . All web sites , deleted everything that I could . How do I rid of this ?"

-------

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. Malwarebytes is made by longtime users of these forums, making it the onlySecurity Software reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Apr 22, 2021 6:38 PM in response to Cascade moon

Cascade moon Said:

"Malware ?: Small window keeps popping up ,google winnings. Blablablabla . How. Cleared history from all sights including safari . All web sites , deleted everything that I could . How do I rid of this ?"

-------

Try a Private Window/Tab:

Does a private window/tab make any difference? Everything (i.e. history) would be rid of when closed.

Apr 22, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Cascade moon

iOS/iPadOS devices cannot get any malware as iOS/iPadOS is a sandboxed OS.

No need to scan an iPad for malware.

Like I stated, this is just a scam, pop-up ad.

Just either try a new Website address or just refresh the Webpage and the pop-up ad should disappear.

Start using another, more recent, third party Web browser, instead, just to make sure your iPad is as secure as it can be on your older iOS 12 version.

Best of Luck to You!

Malware ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.