Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service connection issues

Hi

In mid-November 2020 (6 months ago), I upgraded my trusted iPhone 8 to an iPhone12 PRO and ever since I upgraded my phone drops service randomly in areas that should have the strongest consistent signal (like driving through metro areas, regional country areas and in the local supermarket), I find it strange that my old Iphone 8 and my partners Iphone 11, running the same IOS, worked absolutely flawlessly! I can understand that the 5g capability not working in areas that does not have a 5G network... but when the issues is with connection to, 5g, 4g and then dropping to 3g and then to 'connection issues', it seems like either a flawed phone design (or software) related.

The connection issues has been ongoing issues problem since I purchased the phone, I waited out long enough for Apple will release software upgrades to resolved the above issues. But now I have noticed my Iphone 12 PRO spend more time sitting on 3g in alot metro areas. It’s getting so frustrating and embarrassing in the middle of important business calls, that I usually have to turn the phone off and back on to get it to recover the service…. I am almost to the point of using the new phone as a firelighter and I am totally regretting the upgrade especially since the phone cost nearly $2000!

does anybody else have the same issues and found a solution to problem? Otherwise, I will trade stupid phone for a Samsung!

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 7:09 PM

Hello! This definitely is a problem. Please first talk to your cellular carrier's support team, as it may be an issue on their end. If that does not work, try completely resetting your iPhone [but make sure to back it up first!] If none of that works, talk to Apple Support and they will help you resolve this problem. Hope you can get this fixed, have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 7:09 PM in response to FreakyMickey81

Hello! This definitely is a problem. Please first talk to your cellular carrier's support team, as it may be an issue on their end. If that does not work, try completely resetting your iPhone [but make sure to back it up first!] If none of that works, talk to Apple Support and they will help you resolve this problem. Hope you can get this fixed, have a great day!

Service connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.