Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete a Mail rule

Several years ago I set up a Mail rule to move emails from a specific address to a designated folder (for my tax). I set it up on an older Mac which I no longer have access to. I have tried many times now going into the rules setting on Mail on subsequent Macs, and I simply cannot disable the rule. In fact, I can't even find the rule - its not appearing in my list of rules. If I delete the folder, next time an email comes fitting that rule - Mail just creates a new folder. Its driving me nuts. How can I disable this rule? Anyone else had this problem?

Also - to post this question I had to select a topic but I couldn't find the topic I need. So I just said Big Sur as I'm currently using Big Sur but I don't believe it to be Big Sur specific....

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 4:38 AM

Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com

Perhaps the Missing Rule is still in the www.icloud.com and needs to be removed from there ?

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't delete a Mail rule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.