Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Mail rules do not find the mailbox to be moved

I have the exact same issue as described here: Apple Mail rules do not find the mailbox … - Apple Community

I have rules set up in Mac Mail to move emails I receive to different mailboxes in my Google account. They will work, but if I quit and restart Mac Mail it 'forgets' the mailbox and gives the note in the rules window, under 'Perform the following action' 'Move Message' to mailbox: "Mailbox ... does not exist."

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 18, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 3:23 PM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac . Reboot normally and check to see if the problem persists.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 3:23 PM in response to mackensteff

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac . Reboot normally and check to see if the problem persists.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Apple Mail rules do not find the mailbox to be moved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.