Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen of death

Hi, I recently bought an IPhone SE (Gen 2) in November. I updated to iOS 14.4.2 about 2 weeks ago, and ever since my phone has been experiencing the black screen of death and occasionally random restarts. I mean this is an almost daily occurrence of me having to hard restart my phone, and it’s getting annoying. Anyone have any long term fixes that can maybe make it manageable until the next update? I’m getting sick of my phone acting like an expensive paperweight.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 11:53 AM

G_heavymech011 wrote:

Hi, I recently bought an IPhone SE (Gen 2) in November. I updated to iOS 14.4.2 about 2 weeks ago, and ever since my phone has been experiencing the black screen of death and occasionally random restarts. I mean this is an almost daily occurrence of me having to hard restart my phone, and it’s getting annoying. Anyone have any long term fixes that can maybe make it manageable until the next update? I’m getting sick of my phone acting like an expensive paperweight.

backup and then restore device to that backup, if the problems persist.

Restore the device as new, if it doesn't black screen slowly add apps back and synced data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 11:53 AM in response to G_heavymech011

G_heavymech011 wrote:

backup and then restore device to that backup, if the problems persist.

Restore the device as new, if it doesn't black screen slowly add apps back and synced data.

Black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.