Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating MacBook Pro

I am unable to use the software update, I even downloaded it from apple.com to try to update MacBook Pro but unfortunately it says it's damaged. Since I can't update my MacBook I can not download any apps until I have the newest software.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 5:26 PM

sky-thompson - Said:

"Updating MacBook Pro: I am unable to use the software update, I even downloaded it from apple.com to try to update MacBook Pro but unfortunately it says it's damaged. Since I can't update my MacBook I can not download any apps until I have the newest software."

-------

What to Try:

• Try in Safe Mode [Hold Down: command + r upon boot]
  • Create a new user, and see if it installs in that user. Then, delete that user, once installed.
  • Connect Ethernet
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 5:26 PM in response to sky-thompson

sky-thompson - Said:

"Updating MacBook Pro: I am unable to use the software update, I even downloaded it from apple.com to try to update MacBook Pro but unfortunately it says it's damaged. Since I can't update my MacBook I can not download any apps until I have the newest software."

-------

What to Try:

• Try in Safe Mode [Hold Down: command + r upon boot]
  • Create a new user, and see if it installs in that user. Then, delete that user, once installed.
  • Connect Ethernet

Apr 23, 2021 6:03 PM in response to sky-thompson

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, it's not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS ******* App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Trash the Install MacsOS *******.app in Applications then a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Updating MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.