Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in recovery mode

Afternoon,

I’ve decided to factory restore my old IPhone 11, and now it appears to be stuck in a “recovery mode”, the apps say they’re downloading but it’s been 24hrs and not a single one of the apps are actually downloading, neither can I connect with find my iPhone, or any apple apps and if I try it says that it cannot connect to the servers, the phone is connected to my WiFi and mobile data, but it’s been like this for about 24hrs now and it doesn’t seem to have downloaded a thing.

I’ve since tried to to factory reset it again but when I click on “Erase all content and settings” it just sits there with the loading icon to the right but doesn’t do anything.

In the meantime I’ve received my new IPhone 12 and managed to load it up and get most of my data from ICloud. But now the IPhone 12 is in the same state that the IPhone 11 is in, as if I’ve imported the problem onto my new phone, with the apps saying they’re loading but don’t seem to be doing so at all. I’ve tried to reset this phone and once you confirm you want it to reset it just sits there doing nothing?

I cannot connect to iTunes to restore it that way for the same reasons as above.

Unless I’m missing something I don’t see what I’m doing wrong or why the phone just don’t seem to respond?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:54 AM

Greetings. Maybe I can be of some help here.

Regarding your iPhone 11 --

• have you tried connecting your iphone to different computers, in hopes of a different result?

(Make sure device is up-to-date. check with your manufacturer + OS for updates.)

iPhone 12:

• Did you check for your connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular) and make sure they're turned on as well?

Just some of the things to think about. Overall, for deeper assistance in this matter, its best you check out the link Get Support + be sure to make an appointment in-store with apple or an AASP..

Hope it helps.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 5:54 AM in response to Spartan-097

Greetings. Maybe I can be of some help here.

Regarding your iPhone 11 --

• have you tried connecting your iphone to different computers, in hopes of a different result?

(Make sure device is up-to-date. check with your manufacturer + OS for updates.)

iPhone 12:

• Did you check for your connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular) and make sure they're turned on as well?

Just some of the things to think about. Overall, for deeper assistance in this matter, its best you check out the link Get Support + be sure to make an appointment in-store with apple or an AASP..

Hope it helps.

Apr 24, 2021 5:50 AM in response to Spartan-097

You type your iPhone is stuck in Recovery Mode, but I understand you can see your apps (which are not being downloaded) Just to be sure, do you see this screen?

When you boot your iPhone after Restore, do you choose to restore from an iCloud Backup, or do you set it up "as new"?

Apr 24, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Spartan-097

Okay, so your apps from the backup are stopped during the download process. Have you tried pressing one of the apps, sometimes you can force them to start, by pressing them, to Pause the transfer, and start again?

These are just my thoughts...

I know many have good experiences with using iCloud Backup, but I often found it becoming more cumbersome, and more cluttered. I often hear that downloading of apps stops. Whether it's because you have to download many apps at once, I do not know.

iPhone stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.