Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mms

ipad tells me I need to enable mms messages to send a pic. Have always been able to do this. What’s up? Directions here are to enable text message forwarding under messages in settings but there is nothing that says text message forwarding. Pretend I’m an idiot when you respond🤣

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:59 AM

ipads can't send sms or mms messages on it's own, it can send imessages which can be both and only works between apple device. to do that it needs an iphone with the same appleID read

How to get SMS text messages on your iPad | iMore

so if you normally can send sms to non apple users then its your iphone which did it for you, if the mms setup of your iphone are not correctly set then it would explain why you can't send mms to non apple users, from both the iphone and the ipad

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 5:59 AM in response to dorieviolin

ipads can't send sms or mms messages on it's own, it can send imessages which can be both and only works between apple device. to do that it needs an iphone with the same appleID read

How to get SMS text messages on your iPad | iMore

so if you normally can send sms to non apple users then its your iphone which did it for you, if the mms setup of your iphone are not correctly set then it would explain why you can't send mms to non apple users, from both the iphone and the ipad

Mms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.