Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Mac air with issue

I bought a new mac air m1 about 1 month ago (from mainland China apple store), and right after return policy date has passed it started having issues. First with the touch pad not responding, then the microphone is not functioning, I tried to contact support but nothing got fixed so far, I'm a loyal customer since more than 10 years ago but now I am disappointed about the customer service and the quality control...

Is there any chance I can exchange for a new one or return it? I mean I understand some issues/bugs are unpredictable but I paid the price and spent a lot of time on contacting support to fix a NEWLY PURCHASED item, I'm really not okay with the product and service I received so far.

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Ann_Ann_ Said:

"I bought a new mac air m1 about 1 month ago (from mainland China apple store), and right after return policy date has passed it started having issues. First with the touch pad not responding, then the microphone is not functioning, I tried to contact support but nothing got fixed so far[...]"

-------

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

First, Restart the Mac:

Having removes the item(s), restart the Mac - shut it down, wait 30 seconds, then over it up. see if this now works.

Then...

• Clear Temporary Internet Files

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari. Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Next...

• Scan for Malware:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found.

Next...

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

If nothing above works...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. To prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine, prior to the reinstall.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 2:32 PM in response to Ann_Ann_

Ann_Ann_ Said:

"I bought a new mac air m1 about 1 month ago (from mainland China apple store), and right after return policy date has passed it started having issues. First with the touch pad not responding, then the microphone is not functioning, I tried to contact support but nothing got fixed so far[...]"

-------

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

First, Restart the Mac:

Having removes the item(s), restart the Mac - shut it down, wait 30 seconds, then over it up. see if this now works.

Then...

• Clear Temporary Internet Files

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari. Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Next...

• Scan for Malware:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found.

Next...

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for the microphone) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

If nothing above works...

• Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. To prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine, prior to the reinstall.

new Mac air with issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.