Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDCP ERROR

Hi,I’m having trouble getting anything to play for more than a few seconds without this message appearing.

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 12:25 AM

Belkin hdmi cables what Apple recommend and tried two different ones in different sockets! As I said before everything worked fine last week now can’t get the box to even show a 4K output setting. Highest resolution available is 1080p @ 60hz. If I use the built in tv apps they all work fine,

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 24, 2021 5:57 PM in response to Turtle Boy

Getting HD seems like an improvement over “having trouble getting anything”.

Depending on your TV, some HDMI ports may have a maximum of HD. See your TV manual.

Depending on your TV, the HDMI ports may need configuration for 4K (Enhanced Mode or similar). See your TV manual.

Your HDMI cable(s) may be of unknown quality.

Your HDMI cable(s) may be damaged (even invisible on the inside, e.g. through bending tightly).

Your HDMI cable(s) may be not support all the video features that you are trying to send through it. Is the HDMI cable certified for 18 Gbps?

Your Apple TV video settings may be set to maximum for some properties, thereby restricting other properties, such as e.g. resolution.

HDCP ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.