Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay won’t connect to Apple TV

Today I tried airplaying a live-streamed video from my Mac to two different Apple TVs in my home and I couldn’t get it to work. I then tried from both my iPhone and my wife’s, and again it didn’t work. I can see both Apple TVs in AirPlay menu on my Mac on both phones, but when I choose one to connect to, nothing happens on the Apple TV, though on my phone Airplay appears to be working normally. I’ve never had problems doing any of this before. I tried restarting everything, but I can’t a video to the tv no matter what I try.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 8:49 AM

Not all web video is AirPlay compatible. Some content may be protected from being captured.

Try screen mirroring if in-app AirPlay doesn’t work. Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple Support

Sending device and receiving device have to be on the same network. For Wi-Fi that means the same SSID network name. Don’t set up a separate SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, instead bridge them together on the router and let your devices connect to the band that they think is best.

Verify that AirPlay is activated on the receiving device. If it is off, then nothing can stream to it. Try toggling the password requirement on and off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 8:49 AM in response to met_fan

Not all web video is AirPlay compatible. Some content may be protected from being captured.

Try screen mirroring if in-app AirPlay doesn’t work. Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple Support

Sending device and receiving device have to be on the same network. For Wi-Fi that means the same SSID network name. Don’t set up a separate SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, instead bridge them together on the router and let your devices connect to the band that they think is best.

Verify that AirPlay is activated on the receiving device. If it is off, then nothing can stream to it. Try toggling the password requirement on and off.

Airplay won’t connect to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.