📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your apple iPad has been hacked. All operations on your device are being tracked by the hacker. Immediate action is required. I just got this what do I do?

What do I do after this.

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 2:43 PM

All such messages are scams. Do not interact with the message or the sender. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 24, 2021 4:01 PM in response to CinCar

It’s a scam - or perhaps more to the point, it’s a social engineering attack designed to persuade you to do something that you shouldn’t. Do not interact with the web page or any pop-up alerts or messages. Close the web page/browser. Now consider what you can do to reduce your exposure to this type of attack...

Due to the system architecture of iOS/iPadOS, unless jailbroken (don’t go there!), your iPad is not susceptible to traditional malware infection per-se. However, as with all computer systems, there are still vulnerabilities and exploits to which you remain vulnerable.

Browser-based attacks can largely be mitigated by installing a good, trusted, Content and Ad-blocking product. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked form download; 1Blocker creates a ruleset for Safari - it’s the browser that does all hard work. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money.

A further measure to improve protection is to use a trusted Recursive DNS Service in preference to automatic settings. This can either be set on a per-device basis in Settings, or can be set-up on your home Router. I strongly recommend using one of the following services - for which IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses are listed:

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Use of the above DNS services will help to shield you from “known bad” websites and URLs - and when used alongside 1Blocker, or other Content Blocker provides defense in depth.

There are advanced techniques to further “harden” iOS/iPadOS, but these are perhaps beyond the immediate skills of novice users.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful. 

Your apple iPad has been hacked. All operations on your device are being tracked by the hacker. Immediate action is required. I just got this what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.