Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Microsoft Error Reporting: 'There was a problem with Microsoft Update Assistant and your recent work might be lost. We apologize for the inconvenience.'"

Microsoft Error on Mac:

I powered up my Mac today, and got this error. All I recall doing is powering off my Mac for the day/night. I only got the error on this Mac - none other.

Anyone else seen the issue?

Screenshot:

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 1:11 PM

MichaelB2019 Said:

"[...]Thanks for the question on Apple Support Communities today. It appears you have a pop-up notification from Microsoft Office software installed on your Mac. It could be that the Microsoft Office software was in the middle of an update when you shut your Mac down. We'd need to direct you to Microsoft to find out exactly what happened and if there would be any issues with the software at this point[...]"

-------

Thank you.

Launching Issue:

What you mention is what I was thinking would be the reason for this. So, to verify, I had a chat with MS. Seems this occurred because "there is a launching [issue] with Office applications":

Here is what was said:

Verify my Version of Office:

In the long run, they had me close MS Office, and the reopen it, to make sure that is is fine. Then, report back the version of MS Office.

This is what was done:

1. Open: Finder
  2. Go To: Applications
  3. Right-Click: on MS Word or Excel
  4. Choose: Get Info...
  5. Check: the version

I reported back what was shown: 16.47. I was told that all is installed, and all is set. So, I am good from here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 1:11 PM in response to MichaelB2019

MichaelB2019 Said:

"[...]Thanks for the question on Apple Support Communities today. It appears you have a pop-up notification from Microsoft Office software installed on your Mac. It could be that the Microsoft Office software was in the middle of an update when you shut your Mac down. We'd need to direct you to Microsoft to find out exactly what happened and if there would be any issues with the software at this point[...]"

-------

Thank you.

Launching Issue:

What you mention is what I was thinking would be the reason for this. So, to verify, I had a chat with MS. Seems this occurred because "there is a launching [issue] with Office applications":

Here is what was said:

Verify my Version of Office:

In the long run, they had me close MS Office, and the reopen it, to make sure that is is fine. Then, report back the version of MS Office.

This is what was done:

1. Open: Finder
  2. Go To: Applications
  3. Right-Click: on MS Word or Excel
  4. Choose: Get Info...
  5. Check: the version

I reported back what was shown: 16.47. I was told that all is installed, and all is set. So, I am good from here.

Apr 25, 2021 10:48 AM in response to TheLittles

Hi TheLittles,

Thanks for the question on Apple Support Communities today. It appears you have a pop-up notification from Microsoft Office software installed on your Mac.

It could be that the Microsoft Office software was in the middle of an update when you shut your Mac down. We'd need to direct you to Microsoft to find out exactly what happened and if there would be any issues with the software at this point.

Have a fantastic day!

"Microsoft Error Reporting: 'There was a problem with Microsoft Update Assistant and your recent work might be lost. We apologize for the inconvenience.'"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.