Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts sleep after 15 minutes!

Since at least friday, April 23, When listening to podcasts on my Apple TV 4k, after 15 minutes, the Apple TV goes to sleep.

I couldn't say when it started..haven't listened to podcasts since last week, so only change I know of is maybe the update to PODCASTS mentioned at the Apple Event this week, if that's gone into affect.

Same podcast as I've listened to before with no issues, so i don't think a problem there.

I haven't had an issue with youtube app, which is the main other app I've used lately.

Anyone else running into this?

EDIT: As my developer account is still working, I submitted a bug report: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9087898

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:36 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Todd Kogutt

Hello Todd Kogutt,

We see that your Apple TV is going to sleep while using an app and are happy to advise.

The first place we recommend checking is the current sleep settings for your Apple TV. See Sleep or wake Apple TV for information on how to review or change those settings. Does altering the delay to sleep change this behavior?

We also recommend ensuring that your Apple TV and all apps are up-to-date. Our pages How to update your Apple TV and Purchase and download apps on Apple TV discuss how to complete or check those settings.

Cheers!

Podcasts sleep after 15 minutes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.