Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete admin account

I recently purchased a 21.5" iMac. When I started the installation process the system created an admin user first name-lastname as Erwin Mueller. Later on I used the windows migration tool to transfer data to the new iMac.

This process created a new admin user with the name of my windows user called Erwin.

Now there are 2 admin accounts on my iMac. Can I delete the 1st admin account Erwin Mueller without any consequences ?

Any help will be highly appreciated. This is my first Apple computer, lots is new for me. Erwin Mueller

iMac 21.5″, 11.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 10:29 AM

Hey there Erwin Mueller,

We understand you have a question about deleting an extra user account on your new iMac, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Delete a user or group on Mac

The options under step 3 have additional information to help protect your documents and other user account data.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 10:29 AM in response to Erwin Mueller

Hey there Erwin Mueller,

We understand you have a question about deleting an extra user account on your new iMac, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Delete a user or group on Mac

The options under step 3 have additional information to help protect your documents and other user account data.

Cheers!

delete admin account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.