Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Overheating

I have had my Macbook Air for about 7 months now and watching videos on the internet or even Netflix can make the fan be excessively loud. When I stop watching the videos it will cool down, and then when i restart it it starts again. It is almost too loud to watch my videos/panoptos. Is the macbook air always like this and will this cause issues to my computer? How do i make this noise stop

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 2:38 PM

toof-lover Said:

"I have had my Macbook Air for about 7 months now and watching videos on the internet or even Netflix can make the fan be excessively loud.[...]"

-------

Use Activity Monitor:

See what it taking the most out of the RAM. Is it Netflix? Or is is something else? To Find Out, use Activity Monitor

1. Go to: Applications
  2. Select: Utilities folder
  3. Open: Activity Monitor
  4. Click: Memory column

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

If this is overheating, then something is misconfigured. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and have this looked at.

• Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 2:38 PM in response to toof-lover

toof-lover Said:

"I have had my Macbook Air for about 7 months now and watching videos on the internet or even Netflix can make the fan be excessively loud.[...]"

-------

Use Activity Monitor:

See what it taking the most out of the RAM. Is it Netflix? Or is is something else? To Find Out, use Activity Monitor

1. Go to: Applications
  2. Select: Utilities folder
  3. Open: Activity Monitor
  4. Click: Memory column

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

If this is overheating, then something is misconfigured. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and have this looked at.

• Apple Contact Us:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

Macbook Air Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.