Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro

I've done it again. My 16:9 has changed to a 5:4 (if those are the right numbers). You know, from wide screen to square box. And I have three projects going and they ALL changed. There's this little red box sitting in the right side of my main viewer. I can't make it go away. How do I get back to the earlier perspective? If someone tells me, I promise this time I'll write it down on a sticky for next time I screw up. Optional assignment: how DID I screw up?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:29 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Apr 26, 2021 5:39 PM in response to saxyjazzman

Follow up on your helpful suggestion: For clips that didn't respond to Shift Z, I re-dragged them from the "all files" box to the Timeline, where they appear as 16:9, then carefully deleted the 5:4 versions from the Timeline. Remaining problem is that if I try to do a Ken Burns on them, the 5:4 framing appears, which will convert them back to 5:4.

How do I get those Ken Burns indicators to revert to 16:9?

Apr 26, 2021 5:43 PM in response to saxyjazzman

The red box in the viewer has nothing to do with the clips only with the viewer itself. Shift-Z is to fit to the viewer and also has noticing to do with the clips.

Can you give the dimensions of the original clips and the dimensions of the project? Check what spatial conform is being used for then clips when they're placed in the project, if the clip dimension is different from the project dimension.

Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.