Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac G5 not reading hard drives.

I have a Power Mac G5 that won’t read hard drives. The drives are good. They run fine in another Power Mac G5 of the exact same type and processors. Any ideas of where to start? It will boot off a Leopard install disc. When I go into Disc Utility the drives won’t show there either, but like I said the drives work perfectly fine in another machine.

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:06 AM

What macOS version?

First, make sure the drives are not hidden by the Finder's default settign if you just reinstelled an operating system. Make certain "Finder" shows in the upper left corner and select Finder preferences:

When those display, check all the boxes I've highlighted with the red box if they are not checked:

If that changes nothing, my next suspect is HD cabling. If that is not the issue then I suspect the logic board and that is not good.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Inquisitor0023

What macOS version?

First, make sure the drives are not hidden by the Finder's default settign if you just reinstelled an operating system. Make certain "Finder" shows in the upper left corner and select Finder preferences:

When those display, check all the boxes I've highlighted with the red box if they are not checked:

If that changes nothing, my next suspect is HD cabling. If that is not the issue then I suspect the logic board and that is not good.

Power Mac G5 not reading hard drives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.