Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HULU APP: Can’t log in with either acct

I have an old Hulu acct that successfully accessed Hulu on Apple TV before ever creating an acct directly associated to my iTunes account (on appletv). I recently unsubscribed my Hulu (via itunes) acct to take a break from TV, and now I’m back to restore my subscription, but the app will not allow it with either my old (direct to hulu acct) or newer itunes hulu acct.

-Regardless of email/password I type in the box, I get the option to either Login or Restore Purchase.

-Regardless of which one I select, it asks if I would like to resubscribe, YES or NO

-Of course I click YES & select Hulu No Ads ($11.99)

-Then it seems to consistently auto/re-populate & default to my more current iTunes account.

-I click continue and then get: An error has occurred. Please try again later.

I don’t care which account I use, I don’t care about the free month which it also auto defaults to as one of the only 2 option to resubscribe ($5.99 or $11.99)... I just want to be able to log back in & out.

I’ve gone as far as completely restoring my Apple TV to factory settings. Prior to that I deleted the Hulu app. I don’t know what else to try, and I can’t even find a customer service phone number... even if I could, I don’t know where the problem lies...apple, hulu or provider. Thx in advance

USING:

• appletv 4k
  • att tv (provider)

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 9:02 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 26, 2021 2:15 AM in response to jipsee

If you try to re-subscribe using the in-app options, then the subscription will be linked to your Apple ID account, with payment through Apple. Then there is no need to sign in to the app on Apple devices, as apps know about matching subscriptions through the OS.

If you try to re-subscribe on Hulu’s website, then you can use the Hulu account credentials to sign in to the app (instead of your Apple ID account credentials).

Apr 26, 2021 12:06 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi and thanks so much for responding! I may be interpreting incorrectly, but it sounds like you're suggesting what I've already done, and unfortunately it does not work. This is what I tried to explain above (in my original query). Let's see if I can explain better... (oh and just to be clear; I'm talking about logging into the Hulu app directly on appleTV to view via television (not to view on iphone, ipad or other viewing devices).

Firstly; whether I use my old original hulu account (a separate email address that has zero to do with apple products) it does not work, yet, once upon a time it did work on apple TV. ) I get all those error messages mentioned in first query.

Second; when I use my Apple ID account credentials (which I've also successfully used in the past) it also does not work. Again, I get all those error messages mentioned above.

Finally, as my last resort (since I can't access Hulu on appleTV) I'm afraid to login/resubscribe via Hulu's website (and then go login to appleTV's Hulu app), as that is what I did last month, and had to request a refund from apple, as I could not access Hulu via their app on AppleTV. It simply won't allow me to login whether resubscribing, already subscribed using my old Hulu account or Apple ID account credentials.

Thank you again for trying to help!!! and in advance to anybody else!!!

Apr 27, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The app gives you the option to either resubscribe or login. Neither of which worked for me, and I think I now know why...at least it's the only theory that makes any sense...

The option I was selecting was the commercial free 11.99. Problem is, it comes with a 'free trial for new & eligible returning subscribers only' ...of which I've already had & used up ages ago and the app/system prob could tell via my email address and therefore was not allowing me & giving me all those error messages. So the app is flawed. It does NOT offer anywhere else to login/resubscribe WITHOUT the freebie option attached to it, so I resorted to a work around.

Instead of re-subscribing for the 11.99 option, I selected the 5.99 option of which I've never selected before, this is why I think it worked. Anyway that prompted me to enter my login, password, etc. That was the ONLY way I could get back into the app, and then of course once in, it showed up in my itunes subscriptions and there I was able to switch over to the 11.99 version. So crazy! All this for a stupid tv app!! Lol! Anyway thanks again for your input & suggestions. :)

HULU APP: Can’t log in with either acct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.